Standard BS OHSAS 18001, developed by the British Standards Institution, is the reference standard for the Occupational Health and Safety Management System internationally recognised and applicable to all organisations operating in the private and public sector.
The standard was developed to support organisations in defining objectives and policies to promote workers’ protection against risks and hazards they might be exposed to in the workplace.
Standard OHSAS 18001, which has aspects consistent with the standard models ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, is based on continuous improvement and compliance with regulations in force.
Certification according to standard BS OHSAS 18001 offers to the market evidence that the organisation conducts management of aspects concerning workplace health and safety in compliance with applicable statutory requirements and assures said aspects are regulated and continuously monitored to reduce possible impacts on workers to pursue the objective of prevention.
THE NEW FEATURES INTRODUCED BY LEGISLATIVE DECREE 81/08
Legislative Decree 81/08, and specifically the provisions of art. 30, has introduced interrelations with the organisational model set forth by Legislative Decree 231/01; in particular with reference to:
- integration with the safety management model and organisational model 231;
- compatibility between intentional crimes pursuant to Legislative Decree 81/08 and crimes assuming liability of the entity/company pursuant to Legislative Decree 231/01;
- reorganisation of roles, functions and responsibilities.
ISO 45001:2018 THE EVOLUTION OF STANDARD OHSAS 18001
The evolution process has the aim of developing a standard of reference for the Occupational Health and Safety Management System, recognised worldwide and aligned with other management standards such as ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015.
Publication of ISO 45001, in March 2018, marked the start of the 3-year period during which OHSAS 18001 certified Organisations will need to migrate to ISO 45001.
WHY CERTIFY YOUR OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- To prove the organisation’s commitment to workers’ protection.
- To evidence the continuous monitoring of performance, identification of dangers, risk assessment and compliance with specific legislative requirements.
- To assure the market that the organisation considers the topic of its workers’ Health and Safety in the workplace as a priority.
- To convey to the market its reputation for being attentive to putting in place transparent and responsible conducts.
ICIM is a body accredited by ACCREDIA to issue the certification of Occupational Health and Safety Management System according to standard OHSAS 18001.
For further information: Edoardo Dossena (phone +39 02 72534259, e-mail email@example.com)
Per conoscere i nostri servizi di certificazione dei Sistemi di Gestione: