Standard ISO 50001 (Energy Management System) is an instrument that allows organisations to develop and implement policies and objectives that systematically take into account the issues to do with energy consumption as it makes it possible to start up, maintain and improve an energy management system in compliance with statutory provisions in energy matters.
The Energy Management System according to standard ISO 50001 (Energy Management System) aims to help organisations define strategies to guide towards responsible energy, to set targets for energy performance in the short, medium and long term and to allocate the resources needed to achieve the objectives.
All this to align with the integrated strategy on energy and climate change implemented by the European Union in 2008.
WHY CERTIFY YOUR ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
An effective certified Energy Management System allows to:
- have privileged access to the market,
- improve the corporate image and the relationship with stakeholders;
- meet the requirements set forth by transposition of Directive 2012/27 on energy efficiency;
- reduce energy costs through systematic management of energy;
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions by optimising the environmental performance in compliance with the limits required by law;
- have a systematic approach to the continuous and permanent improvement of energy efficiency of organisations of all types or sizes;
- integrate the new model with other management systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001.
ICIM is a body accredited by ACCREDIA for certification of Energy Management Systems according to standard ISO 50001.
For further information: Marco Croci (phone +39 02 72534257, e-mail email@example.com)
To find out about our certification services of Management Systems: